Trevor and I left the house at 5:30 am to be at the hospital by 6 am. We are scheduled for our induction today! We are so excited about meeting baby Reagan. Praying for a healthy delivery for mom and baby. What an exciting and emotional day.
I started having contractions last night, but they never intensified. When I was placed on the monitor at 7 am, we could see they were regular about every 3 minutes. Once my doctor came in to check me, she said I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She went ahead and broke my water and we started Pitocin. My contractions reacted immediately and became more intense. I got my epidural around 8:30 am and was glad to have the relief. Now we wait...
By lunch time I could feel some pressure. I was only 4 cm dilated. The doctor came in at 12:30 pm and checked my cervix again-5-6 cm. I had stalled some due to a LEEP procedure and possible scaring after Payton's delivery. Once the scare tissue was broken, I went quickly. By 1 pm I was feeling lots of pressure with my contractions, so the nurse checked me again and I was at 9 cm. She called the doctor, who was in an ultrasound at her office across the street. I was holding back the urge to push. Finally she was there and we were ready at 2 pm. I started pushing-22 times over 11 minutes, and we had a baby girl! Trevor cut the cord, and we all welcomed Reagan. Happy Birthday!
9 lbs 2 oz
21 3/4 inches
1/4/10 at 2:11 pm
No comments:
Post a Comment